March 05, 2010

White winter hymnal











Scenes like this have been few and far between this winter. I should qualify that by saying in Montreal. I realize it's been a different story for much of North America, but here, we may have gotten a record low snowfall for this winter. The past few days have felt very spring-like and it feels wonderful. Though in Montreal, you can't allow yourself to be fooled by such things. Anything can happen in March, and snow in April is not unusual. As much as I've loved photographing winter the few snowy days we had, I'm ready for the colors, scents, and sounds of spring.

The title of this post is taken from the beautiful song by the Fleet Foxes. Check it out if you haven't heard it!

14 comments:

L.G. said...

These are just gorgeous !!! I could just walk into one of those pictures right now :)

PK Studios said...

Wow. You make snow look so romantic! Now I'm feeling guilty, sitting here wishing for warmer weather and it's only 60 degrees out! Our blog posts today couldn't be further from each other!

L'Éphémère said...

Amazing atmosphere, well done.

Katie said...

I love these photos! They are so calming. :)

Anonymous said...

# 3 is my favorite... but oh my goodness, I want to *live* in those pictures

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

Kiss

Hannah Sadie said...

absolutely gorgeous! The snow here in Halifax has been (for the most part) washed away with icy rain...not very nice to look at!

aimee said...

wow, these pictures make me wish we got snow here (w.aus). may i ask, did you use a lensbaby for these shots? they really are breathtaking :)

guerrillartmomma said...

These are so peaceful. I love the last one, its symmetry makes me feel like I am standing there. Thank you!

Cobalt Violet said...

How magical! It makes me want to be walking through the snow in some Julie Christie, Dr. Zhivago frock, looking into the eyes of Omar Sharif! Thanks for the fantasy moment. I am in L.A. right now suffering from a cold.

Ladygrey said...

Oh my, your photos are stunning!
I love how deamy this set is. It almost has me wishing for another snowfall!

PK Studios said...

I've just picked you for the Beautiful Blogger Award!!!

You deserve it... you're awesome!

The rules of the Award:
#1 thank the person who gave you the award
#2 share 7 things about yourself..
#3 pass the award along to 15 others.
#4 Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award...

Cheers, PK

stephey said...

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL! I would love to purchase the last two if possible. I went to your etsy shop and didn't see them listed. thanks for sharing your work it resonates w/me in that it feels the visual expression of what I've come to know - that you see what you believe and not the opposite way around. Your work reminds me of what I see - beauty, mystery and magic within the ordinary - this is everyday! Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

lovely!