April 17, 2013

You May Find Yourself Living in a Shotgun Shack






I've always loved the song "Once in a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads, and now I know what a shotgun shack is. A fair number of these exist at the edges of the French Quarter in New Orleans. It is worth a wander away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street and Royal Street to enjoy these colorful houses. Some of them sustained damage during Hurricane Katrina and haven't been restored yet or are in the process of being restored.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are so interesting:) Visit my blog if you have time:) http://pralinkablogs.blogspot.cz/

ElleSee said...

My husband is headed to New Orleans in a few months. I'll have to tell him to check out these houses. They're fantastic!

LC from the world of ellesee

Marjory said...

So lively! I really want to visit New Orleans. We have some shotguns left in Miami..I wish they could all be restored so charming.

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.