October 21, 2008

October gave a party






The annual autumn show is winding down, with more leaves on the ground now than on the trees. October is such a bittersweet month for me. Autumn would probably be my favorite season, if it wasn't followed by winter. As such, the beauty is always tinged with a bit of sadness, and the knowledge that the days will continue to grow colder and shorter. If I'm lucky though, we may get a few more glorious days like these.

The suitcase photograph is available as print in my main store and my Etsy sh
op.

6 comments:

Little Sparrows Nest said...

Leave it to you to quicken the heart with enchantment through a photograph! I adore your imagery, and I am captivated by its mystery, Thank You!

Geisslein said...

I love these post!
autumnally greetings from germany

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

That suitcase photo is enchanting.....I could stare at it for hours!

marietom said...

on dirait les images d'un conte de fée, c'est très beau !

Anne-Laure said...

Wonderfull shots! I like the suitcase!
Great colors and atmosphere!

Good evening!

Liz said...

Oh, and I didn't open my invitation from October quite in time, well, there are a few more days left of the party. Truthfully, the party is just beginning here in the bay area, just a few touches of red on the Liquid Amber trees, and a different autumn-y smell to the world. Beautiful images Irene, just glorious!